Medical Genetics Counseling
Our medical genetics counseling service makes use of the professional experience of four specialists in this field in collaboration with our medical genetics laboratory.
The purpose of genetics counseling is to provide information concerning genetic diseases and related tests to patients who needs support to deal with their hereditary characteristics. (also in obstetrics and oncologic fields).
The operational sector:
- Information about genetics counseling tests;
- Genetics counseling concerning prenatal diagnosis (also invasive).
- Genetics counseling for couple’s infertility and artificial insemination;
- Oncologic genetics counseling;
- Genealogical tree reconstruction;
- Paternity test;
In order to receive accurate information and to carry out any genetic test the interview with the genetic counselor is essential.